Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Hello 2013!!  You have no idea how excited I am to see you!  2012 was quite the roller coaster ride of a year.  I spent a lot of time questioning my faith and not understanding what I did to deserve such pain and suffering I felt I was dealing with.  But, in the end, I was reminded that my Holy Father is in control and trusting in Him and praying to Him is the only answer for me and the hubby. Let's recap shall we!




We kicked off 2012 continuing to try and get pregnant.  We succeeded!  We told our parents about our little gummy bear on January 21, 2012.  My mom screamed, my in laws gasped, my grandma cries, and Mike's grandma was confused.  :) 





In February we drove to Missouri with Mike's parents and celebrated his Grandpa's 80th birthday.  Then on the 20th, we were supposed to hear Gummy Bear's heart beat, but instead I miscarried.  Never has their been a sadder day in my life. 



In March, I got a POCS diagnosis and started metformin to help my ovaries learn to cooperate so we could get pregnant again.  We showered my BFF with wedding shower presents.  And we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary where we got to go downtown and stay for a night at the Omni for free since I won it the year prior. 




In April, My BFF got married and I was her maid of honor. 
 {photo courtesy of Kaycee Harding Photography}


In May, my not so little little brother graduated from high school!


June was spent working hard for my vacation in July.


In July I spent a glorious 3 and a half weeks on vacation.  The boys came for a week and the rest of the time I spent pampering myself.  We also started clomid for the first time to help get pregnant.


In August we bought a new car- Chevy Equinox- and traded in my Mercury Mariner.  We found out round 1 of clomid did not work.


In September things got crazy.  We found out round 2 of clomid would not be successful.  Well, we all know how that ended up. :)  Then, the next weekend was Pet Adoption month at Petsmart that we stumbled upon and ended up bringing home our newest family member I took September 24th off to mourn the loss of our little gummy bear that was due on this day.  Instead, I found out I was actually pregnant!









In October we heard the heart beat of our little baby and everything continued to look perfect.  Then, I thought I was miscarrying again, only to find out when I got to the doctor's office that there were actually TWO babies in there... TWINS!






In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving in Conroe and Christmas shopped til we dropped. We also got to see our growing babies again!


In December, we shared with the world that 2013 will bring us twins!  Then the following week, I found out I got a promotion I have been trying for and desperately needed.  My BFF graduated from college.  I celebrated my 27th birthday.  And we celebrated Christmas in both Conroe and Austin.





What I am looking forward to in 2013....
-Starting my supervisor position on January 7th
-Finding out the gender of our babies on January 9th
-Our baby showers
-Celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary
-The births of our friends' babies in March and May
-And most importantly, becoming a mom and watching my husband become a dad to our twins in May!!!!
-Watching our twins grows and flourish
-Being able to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day as an actual parent!
-Celebrating all our babies' first holidays in our home!

So much to look forward to in 2013!  Here's to trusting in our God to keeping these babies healthy and growing until May.  Mommy can't wait to meet you babies!!


2 comments:

Melizza Makes said...

Big congrats on your twins and hope the new year brings you a continued healthy pregnancy.

Kim said...

There's so much to look forward to in 2013. Congratulations!