Friday, February 19, 2010

England

I know you all have been dying with anticipation to see some photos from Europe (sarcasm)... :-) My favorite part of the whole trip was just sightseeing. The buildings there were so beautiful and intrinsic. We just don't have things that looks that awesome in the US (and if we do, I've never seen them). Without further ado (adieu?)...


On top of a double decker bus. Super cool and kinda scary at the same time!


Part of town hall




This is the inside of the most amazing Minster (church) I have ever seen, York Minster. The detailing of the entire building is breathtaking. We spent several hours in here just admiring the amazing architecture.


Outside of the York Minster


The York Minster was so large it wouldn't even fit in one picture...



Fish and Chips...A must in England. However the "mushy peas", that was kinda weird.


It snowed in England!! I have never been out of Texas to see REAL snow (not this ice stuff we normally get). Ever. So, for the first time ever, I saw real snow, and it was in England! I was super excited!


Hook 'Em from the UK...totally couldn't resist!


Kirkstall Abbey.. a very old Monk Monastery


This is called the Corn Exchange and it was this round dome shaped building and it was just beautiful. There is a restaurant downstairs and a few shops up stairs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!!!!!

Jen said...

how awesome! i was eagerly awaiting pictures, i LOVE england and europe. glad you guys had a great time, and you got to see snow!

rena said...

glad you had fun!