I learned something today about some correct medical terminology that makes me sick. Did you know that the medical terminology for a miscarriage is actually "Spontaneous Abortion?" Are you serious? I under no circumstances "aborted" my baby. Abortion is a choice. I did NOT make this choice. I did NOT want to end my pregnancy. This term is really, really degrading to me. I had to look up my labs on my doctor's portal today and could see what was wrote at my visits this week and this terminology is what I saw. After further research, I determined that is supposed to be the correct term. It makes me sick.
On another note, I feel like there are no words to describe what happened on Monday. I did not "Abort" my baby. I did not "Miss Carry" my baby. I did not "Lose" my baby. How can I describe such an awful feeling? Saying "My baby died" doesn't seem right either. This is just all too surreal. I'm still stuck at Why me? Why us? What did we do wrong? What did I do wrong? I keep waiting to wake up each day and it start getting easier and it's not. This hurts. This sucks.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Medical Terminology
Posted by Mandy Shaw at 5:41 PM
Labels: babies, Miscarriage, TTC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment