Saturday, October 30, 2010

C25K

So, today I started the couch to 5k training program.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to die.  I haven't ran longer than 30 seconds since probably my freshman year of college.  I have always wanted to run a 5k and the exercise is much needed.  But I started running today, and couldn't even finish day 1 of training.  I have so many things running through my head right now.  I'm so disappointed in myself right now.  A group of ladies and I are going to send emails to hold everyone accountable.  I hope that helps because right now I'm pretty down on myself.  Mike wants to run a 5k on the anniversary of his heart surgery (February 24th).  I would like to be able to do it before then but I for sure want to be able to do that with him.  Ahhh what have I got myself in to?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it girl! I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds and next thing I know it I completed a marathon. Just follow your training and you'll do great! You might catch the running bug. Good luck!

Jen said...

ditto! You just have to keep going - it will be hard at first and you will hurt, but if you keep going it will get better! And you will be so proud of yourself to be able to do that with Mike. Keep up the good work!

Jenn said...

Ugh...ever since running became mandatory for PE sometime in middle or high school, we have been major enemies. I've always wanted to complete a marathon...not because I like to run...but just so I could say I did it once. Way to go for you actually doing it! You can do it!

Kim said...

Don't get discouraged (Easier said than done, I know!) Maybe you should start a little slower. I don't run, but I walk a bunch - 4 miles a day. But when I started, I sure couldn't do that. Just keep at it, little by little, and you can do it. I think it's great that you are attempting this with other friends. Good luck, Mandy!