Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Time Homeowners!

This post is long overdue.  We bought a house!  On May 18th, we received the keys to our new home.  Since then there has been a lot of scrubbing, remodeling, adding, watering, you name it.  There are still things we would like to do, and our landscaping still needs some serious work, but for the most part, we are extremely happy in our home.  I can hardly believe it's ours! I'll save my words for now and just share some before and after pictures.  Enjoy!!
Before- front of the house

After


Before- Front door
  
After

 Before- Master Bedroom
 After

 Before- Master Bath

After 

Before- Formal Dining Room

After 
(not a good picture, but there is crown molding on the top now, too!
That is also my great grandmother's china cabinet and dining room set)

Before- Living Room

After

Before- Breakfast Room

After

Before- Kitchen
 After


Before- backyard
After

I don't have Before pictures for every room so here are photos of the rest of the rooms in our home. 

First Spare Bedroom- Will be the first room converted to a nursery some day :-)

2nd Spare Bedroom

Office- I don't have before pictures, however, this room was practically destroyed by the Pit Bull that used to live in this room (and was likely locked in all day), therefore the floors had to be re-done.

Spare bathroom- decor to change (this was all we had for now.)

Stairway

Entry way- LOVE the high entry here

Laundry Room- adjacent to the kitchen

Laundry room has a whole wall of shelves.  Could use some organizing, but I love the space!  

Walk in Pantry

More Backyard Pictures- a work in progress


3 comments:

rena said...

wow! it looks great! congrats!

Christy said...

Looks great!! It feels so nice and spacious. Where'd you end up finding the curtain rods for the living room?

Mandy Shaw said...

I actually found them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They have curtain rods that are actually meant for outside use but they were still pretty nice and it worked for our living room! Much cheaper than JCPennys too.