Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanks

So I saw on Jill's blog that she wrote 5 things she was thankful for. I am going to have to copy her. With all the loss my family has suffered through this year, I really need to focus on the positive things, because even though I am sad for our losses, the good really does outweigh the bad. So 5 things I am thankful for....

1. My Husband
I don't think I tell him nearly enough how much I love and appreciate him. He is one of the few people that can make me smile when I am angry and I love him for it. I can be so uncontrollably angry and then he does something and I just bust out laughing. He is loving, caring, funny, hardworking, and a wonderful husband. He works hard to provide for us and I respect him so much.


2. Friends and Family
If I went on about my friends and family, my list would be longer than 5, so I had to group them in to one. I seriously have some of the best friends in the world. As I have gotten older some friends have turned into acquaintances, it seems, but those that have stuck around are always there for me and hubby and some of the greatest people to be around. Then there is my family and I know I am blessed. Not only do I have my own wonderful family, I married into a wonderful family. I could not be more blessed with the people I surround myself with.



3. My Job and Co-Workers
I am thankful for my job when there are so many people out there struggling to find a job and they have families that they have to provide for and are unable to. If it is one thing I have, it's job security, because my line of work is definitely not going anywhere. That's kind of sad in one respect, but in the other, I know I will always have a job there for as long as I want. Then not only am I thankful for my job, I'm thankful for my co-workers. I have never had a job that I not only enjoyed my work but also enjoyed everyone I worked with. I work directly with the 5 best ladies in the whole world. They make the job so much more interesting, fun, and enjoyable. I love going to work and talking with them all.

4. My Dogs
It may seem silly, but I am thankful for my dogs. If any of you have dogs, then you understand. Have you ever came home in the worst mood or got horrible news and you came straight home, sat on the couch, and bawled your eyes out. Because I have, on more than one occasion. But when I do that, both of my dogs jump in my lap, lick my face, and just lay their head down on me. It is one of the most comforting things in the whole world. I think my dogs love me unconditionally and I am blessed to have both of them in my life.



5. My Car
For 8 years I drove a 99 Honda Accord. When I first got that car I was so stinkin excited because it was so much cooler than the 89 F150 I drove. But in the 8 years I had it we replaced the engine, the radiator, the air conditioner, the back windshield because a tree fell through it, both the driver's side and passenger side window because at separate times my car was broken in to and those windows were busted, the motor to roll up said windows because the motor broke and the window would no longer roll up all the way, and many, many other things that would seem minor, only they add up extremely quickly. So although that car got me through many years and I was thankful my parents even bought me a new car at all, I was even more thankful to get rid of it. I now drive a 2009 Mercury Mariner and it is HEAVEN. I am so thankful hubby and I were able to buy this new car and I am taking extremely good care of it so it will last me many years to come. It is so nice to drive and not wonder what is going to fall apart next!

1 comments:

Jill said...

hubbys and families and doggies are the BEST!! i love your list!