Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wedding Anniversary Recap

One of the things about hubby that made me fall in love with him, is his thoughtfulness.  For most things, he is able to put a lot of thought in to gifts and celebrations and it always gets to me.  I love it.  So, traditionally, your second year anniversary gift should be cotton.  For me, I found this very difficult and it didn't go at all with what I was getting hubby.  For hubby- he scored major points!!  He set up the breakfast table.  That would be a towel animal- an elephant, cotton hair turban, cotton slippers, body butter, bath soap, and cotton bath gloves.  As well as a gift card to Salon Ciao Bella!  In case you didn't catch it- he got me stuff I needed to have a spa day at home as well as a get away spa day!


This is a very sweet poem with cotton balls in a heart shape.


 That would be fresh cotton body soap.

I love the thought that he put in to everything!!  For hubby's cotton gift- I got him a silly t-shirt. For the real gift I made him go on a scavenger hunt.  I put little pink notes taped to his favorite little debbie's snacks and put them throughout the house. The first one was in his gift bag with his shirt.  Then, he had to look in the pantry.

Then he had to go look in the china cabinet.

Then he had to search the laundry room.

Then he went to the treadmill.

Then he had to go up stairs to the spare bedroom- also known as hopefully a soon to be nursery!

Then he went in the other bedroom to find his gift!



With hubby's marfan syndrome, a tredmill and running is hard on his knee and joints.  When he was in physical therapy, he would ride a bike a lot and get a good exercise in and not be sore.  So, every since then, he has been wanting a bike for us to ride.  Personally, I have never been a huge fan of bikes but I need exercise and if this is how we can exercise together, so be it.  I'm super excited and I think hubby was too!  Let's just say, finding a reasonably priced bike for a man that is 6' 5" is not an easy task!

We ended the evening by having dinner at McCormick & Schmicks.  It was really good.  On a scale of 1-10, I would probably give it a 6 or 7 for the overall experience, food, and price.  Plus, who can pass up Smores Creme Brulee?!?! 

Happy 2nd Anniversary Hubby!  I had a great day, thanks to you!

0 comments: