Sunday, August 22, 2010

Owning a Home

Some days it is still hard to believe that we own a home. I look out the window and see the dogs running around playing and I can't help but smile. I love owning a home and we are so incredibly blessed.

However, there are definitely things you don't think about.

1. Watering the grass. I seriously did not appreciate rain as much as I do now and there is definitely a shortage of that around here!! We are still trying to figure out what sprinkler is most effective for us. We're open to suggestions!

2. Bugs. Seriously wasn't ready for them. Having a yard brings lots of critters! I don't think it's time for an exterminator or anything but I just don't like bugs!

3. Air Conditioner. AC for a little ol' apartment compared to a 2400 sq. ft. home is a HUGE difference! Not only that, the way our apt was situated,the sun never beamed straight in to our apt. Here at the house, during the middle of the day,the sun shines directly through the second story window of our entryway. It turns the house into an oven when it's 100 degrees outside. Oh and we know the AC works because someone's been out here twice. Sooo... now we will be looking in to solar screens.

Other than

1 comments:

Jill said...

i was shocked by the bugs too!!! i used to be scared of them, but now it's just not a day in the yard if i haven't spotted 4 crickets and 6 spiders!