With less than 5 hours to go until 2010 starts, I've been thinking about the past year and boy has it been a roller coaster!
January: We watched our 2 best friends Ronnie and Aimee tie the knot the very first day of the year. It was a beautiful wedding!
February: We had a couples shower at the Austin Dance Institute and had dance lessons for the first time ever. It was a BLAST!
March: A very bittersweet month. On the 17th I lost my grandpa and it was the worst pain I have ever felt. However, we ended the month on a much happier note, on the 28th when hubby and I said "I do"!
April: We spent the first week on our honeymoon Royal Carribbean cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. As soon as we came back, I was offered a new job which was a true blessing. Also, hubby and I bought our first car all by ourselves!
May: Suffered another loss and lost my dear friend, Ashleigh, from high school.
June: We celebrated our other best friends, Kyle and Stacy's wedding.
July-
August: Nothing exciting...except a Longhorn game or 2
September: Suffered through 2 more losses in my family this year, Grandma's brother, and Paw Paw Sr.'s brother. That makes 4 losses this year including Paw Paw Art and Ashleigh
October: Hubby turned 24 and we celebrated in Dallas by staying at the Gaylord Texan Resort
November: My Longhorns barely beat the aggies to earn them a spot to play for the Big XII Championship game.
December: I turned 24 and celebrated by going to dinner at Flemings and Christmas light watching. The Longhorns beat Nebraska to win the Big XII Championship and are now playing for the National Championship on January 7, 2010. My baby cousin was born on the same day as my late grandma's birthday. And lastly found out that we will be starting 2010 by hubby having to go through heart surgery to repair his mitral valve of his heart.
As bittersweet as 2009 was, 2010 is already proving to be a bittersweet year as well. We have a trip planned to Europe at the end of January! Then in February, hubby will have his heart surgery. Then in March we celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. Here's to 2010!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
2009 Recap
Posted by Mandy Shaw at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment