Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Baby Fever

I have it.

And it wont. go. away.

Yes, I know now is not a good time, and the hubby and I have an agreement that we will not have kids until I hit 18 months at my job and we buy a house. Considering my 18 months is not until October 2010...we have a while. But I can't help it. I always knew I was the mothering type. Hubby says that is one of the reasons he married me, because he likes that about me. I babysat my brothers and the neighbors kids and my mom's friends kids since I can remember. You bring a baby in the room, I want to hold it and they always like me, except for Hubby's adorable cousin Mere Elen who has wanted nothing to do with me every time she sees me. But she's from South Carolina, so I blame it on her not being a Texan. :-) I even did an internship with a pediatrician in high school and we were seeing an infant who was sick, had a fever, and severe colic. The mom handed me her precious little girl and she stopped crying instantly. That was my sign.

I had a 10 year old little girl in my car today for my job and she was singing to the radio and it was precious. All I could think about was how I really can't wait to have my own little girl in the car jamming out to music with me. Of course I probably won't be that cool anymore, but hey. I can dream.

I can't wait to hold a tiny bundle of joy in my arms, boy or girl, and start a real family with hubby. Not only that, he is going to be an EXCELLENT father. He just has that personality about them.

But alas, it's not time yet. We live in a one bedroom apartment, we are going to Europe in January/February, we don't have a house yet, we are too selfish and still like our mexican food and margarita date nights and a child would most definitely interrupt that, and I just flat out work too much to take care of a baby and I like my job too much to give it up right now.

So until it is time. I will continue looking at blogs to design my non existent nursery , cute baby clothes here and here, cute baby shoes here and here, and lurking on the Austin baby bump board to get see what other mommy to be's are dealing with.

0 comments: